If you like Baileys and coffee, this could be your perfect dessert.
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 shot coffee liqueur
- 200 grams trifle sponge
- 1-2 shots Baileys
- 250ml double cream
- 60 grams cocoa powder
- 60 grams caster sugar
- 200ml water
- 20 grams butter
- Mix together the coffee and coffee liqueur.
- Lay the trifle sponges across the bottom of a trifle dish and pour over the coffee mixture.
- Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes to absorb the liquid and set.
- To make the chocolate sauce, in a small saucepan combine the cocoa powder, caster sugar and water and bring to a boil. Stir continuously until the mixture begins to thicken and form a sauce, then stir in the butter.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Whip together the double cream and Baileys, for an extra hit I use two shots.
- Take the trifle dish from the fridge and pour over the chocolate sauce, allowing it to drip into any spaces around the sponge.
- Let this sit for around 10 to 15 minutes, before spreading the cream mixture evenly on top.
- Dust with cocoa powder and return to the fridge for an hour to set.