This works as a white sauce for lasagne or alternatively add cheddar to make a sauce for Macaroni Cheese.
- 1 pint of milk
- 40 grams of plain flour (or corn flour)
- 40 grams of butter
- Salt and white pepper
- Black pepper
- A little freshly grated nutmeg
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Once melted sieve in the flour.
- Take the pan of the heat and gradually stir in the milk.
- Return to the pan to the heat and bring to the boil, stir regularly to ensure the sauce doesn’t go lumpy.
- Bring the pan back to a simmer and season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg.